music filling the spaces
where conversations used to be,
watching the world pass by
while wondering where I would go.
There is so much left to achieve.
So many skies I haven't touched,
so many roads that don't know my name.
The world is open before me—
wide, uncertain, almost frighteningly free.
And maybe my road was never meant to be shared.
No great love waiting at the end,
no friendships woven along the way,
no familiar voices calling me home.
Perhaps I am meant for solitude.
And strangely,
I don't think I mind.
I like silence.
I like travelling without knowing
where the road will turn.
I like beginning things
just because I have never done them before.
I want to climb higher—
not because I want the world beneath me,
but because there are heights
I want to know exist.
I believe in God,
but not in the borders
people have drawn around Him.
Maybe I will never walk
the road written for me before I could choose.
Maybe one day
I will put down the name,
the label,
the identity I was handed at birth,
not because I hate where I came from,
but because I want to become
something simpler—
a human being.
No label above me.
No boundary around me.
Just two things to accomplish
before I disappear:
to help this world,
and to reach greater heights.
Perhaps that is enough.
And when my journey finally ends,
I don't want to remain
as a monument to myself.
Let whatever can be useful
belong to someone who needs it.
Let the rest of me return to the earth.
Burn the body.
Let it become ash,
then dust,
then soil,
then something nameless
beneath someone's feet.
Because I don't want to watch
the body that carried me
slowly become a stranger.
I would rather become
part of everything.
A little wind.
A little rain.
A little soil.
A little tree.
Nothing that can be buried
and nothing that can be possessed.
Just matter returning
to the universe
that gave it to me.
And perhaps,
after all the roads I've travelled,
after all the heights I've chased,
after every name I've ever carried
has finally disappeared—
I will still be here,
not as me,
but as everything.
Forever returning.
Forever becoming.
Forever free.
Comments
Post a Comment